Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Last Day in Office

One of those things that have been keeping me busy and not posting regularly is that I am changing jobs. And today happens to be my very last day at my current position. While it had become clear that it was time to move on, there are things I will miss.

I'll miss my colleagues for sure. While they are all irritatingly younger, more attractive and healthier than I, they are also a rather entertaining lot. If you spend eight hours a day with the same folks, make sure you like them, they become a little like family (maybe better, because I would dread eight hours a day with my family.) I'll even miss aspects of my job, I did enjoy feeling like I was helping a prestigious non-profit modernize some of their processes. Welcome to the late '90s, soon-to-be-ex-employer. Embrace the future!

I will not miss the commute. Two and a half hours a day on the road really begins to make me feel like I am missing a lot of life. That's 27 freaking days a year, just driving to and from work!

However, now that I have the opportunity to work from home, I will miss my office.

Here I am pondering some of life's deeper mysteries on my last day...



Now it is time to pack up all the important personal possessions:



Done.

Can't forget my aquatic art....



Look out the window one last time....



And meander down the long hall one last time. . . (like horror-movie long)



And leap into the unknown. . .

SA has left the building!

10 comments:

Dana Whitaker said...

I need to know where you got that shark soda can holder. I must buy lots and lots of them for myself, friends and family members.

Congrats on the new job. There are days that I start to think of whether I need to move on, but there are still too many reasons to stay. I know that when the time is appropriate, fate will kick me in the ass and make me take the steps to move on.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job.

Trust me when I say, change is good...

But, it is always just a little sad to say 'goodbye'.

LOVED the things you had to pack from your desk.... that was funny.

Jackie said...

Good luck on the new job, SA!
Just one question: is foot modeling as difficult as hand modeling?

tee-plate said...

congrats! it took you long enough.

Shannon O'Brien said...

Hey SA! Congrats on the new job and the change! Very exciting. And the pics were great.

Sarcasm Abounds said...

Dana: Bought mine in virgin islands, had to look it up (master search engine researcher, you know)

Try this:
http://www.lake-hartwell.com/TheLakeStore/Novelties/a_Novelties.htm

Melah: Thank you Melah. Thank you for the Thanksgiving card as well, been meaning to finsh my post (like soo many others)

Jackie: Actually I was able to step right into it. yuk yuk. . .

Tee-Plate. Well you know me, loyal as a labrador.

SOS: thank you! I'll be trying to do a few more pics. Mostly because I am a lazy writer. . .

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your new job!

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Working at home???

I would be happy and never cripe again if only....

Anonymous said...

You are missed.

Anonymous said...

Know what's missing from that pic of the long, horror-movie hallway? Those twins from The Shining...